Microsoft Teams is one of the popular Meeting apps available for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Like every other app on your device, Teams will also have its app cache that can take up space and invite bugs or app crashes. The easy way to solve this is to clear the Microsoft Teams cache.
While it might sound technical, the steps to clear the cache on Microsoft Teams are rather simple – a bit simpler than joining a meeting on the app. I have mentioned how you can do it on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Why should you clear Microsoft Teams cache?
- How to clear Microsoft Teams cache on iPhone and iPad
- How to clear Microsoft Teams cache on Mac
- How to clear the Microsoft Teams cache on web browser
Apart from the actual app data, many apps have to download additional files from the servers to load data faster and store some other information as well as files to reduce the loading time. While it is supposed to help the app work efficiently, there are some flaws too.
Over time, this information will accumulate, and the app might not be able to clear cache files automatically, thus taking the storage space and affecting the app’s stability since it has to process a lot of data. Eventually, you will see issues such as freezing or crashes; as a solution, you can clear the cache of the Teams app.
Users can clear their Microsoft Teams client cache on an iPhone with the following methods.
Delete Teams cache via app
- Launch the Teams app on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile or initials → choose Settings.
- Here, choose Data and Storage.
- Next, hit Clear app data.
- Open Settings app on iPhone → tap General.
- Hit iPhone Storage. Wait for the app data to load.
- Scroll down and choose Teams.
- Tap Offload App twice to confirm your selection.
With this, it will delete all the storage used by the app except the documents and data. Then, to recover it, all you have to do is reinstall the app if it’s still available from the App Store.
From Settings app
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Teams.
- Toggle on Clear app data.
Microsoft Teams is an app used by many professionals, as the Microsoft ecosystem is one of the best for productivity users. And if you are facing app crashes or some other issues because of the app, try to clear the cache.
- Force Quit the Microsoft Teams app.
- Open Finder.
- Hit the Go menu.
- Select Go to Folder.
- Paste the following and hit return.
- Delete all the files and folders inside it.
Don’t worry; all these files are cache files. Their existence is because the Teams app sets up required files and folders.
There are a lot of things that you can use Terminal for, such as clearing the app cache of Microsoft Teams. For that”:
- Launch Terminal on Mac.
- Enter the following command and hit return.
rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/Microsoft/Teams
While you won’t see any confirmation, this step will clear the Microsoft Teams cache on Mac.
Apart from the app, many users use Microsoft Teams on browsers on Mac.
Clear Microsoft Teams cache in Chrome
You can also clear the cache on Chrome for Microsoft Teams. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Chrome and visit the Teams webpage.
- Now, hit the lock icon at the left corner of the search bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Here, hit Clear data.
Clear Microsoft Teams cache on Edge
- On the Edge search bar, copy this command
- Hit return.
- Now, expand all of the following:
- Now, hit the delete icon next to Teams.
- Continue to delete it from all places.
Will clearing the cache delete anything from Microsoft Teams?
When you clear the Microsoft Teams cache, you won’t lose any necessary files.
What is the difference between clear cache and clear data?
When you clear the cache, it will only clear the temporary files, whereas when you clear data, you completely erase all the data stored inside the app.
Is It Safe to Clear the Teams Cache?
Yes. It is safe to clear your Microsoft Teams cache on Mac, iPhone, or iPad as it will only clear temporary files.