- Reasons why badges are not being awarded
- Limited Edition challenges
- Standard achievement badges
- Competition badges
At WWDC23, Apple announced the rollout of Safari profiles for iOS 17, iPadOS 17, and macOS Sonoma. Safari profiles let you create separate browser identities tailored to specific needs. So, whether you’re a power user, a privacy-conscious individual, or someone who loves being organized, Apple’s new feature has you covered. If you are excited to use this feature, just follow the steps outlined in this article!
- Importance of creating profiles in Safari
- How to create Safari profiles on iPhone and iPad
- How to delete Safari profiles on iPhone and iPad
- How to create Safari profiles on Mac
- How to delete profiles in Safari on Mac
Creating profiles in Safari can be an extremely beneficial step for both personal and professional use.
- This feature can turn out to be extremely beneficial for businesses that want to control access to certain sites or have employees use specific settings when browsing.
- If multiple people are operating a device or surfing the internet from the same Apple ID, they can ensure individual privacy according to their preferences.
- All in all, Safari Profiles streamline productivity and help to declutter the browsing environment. These profiles are easily switchable without compromising data of any kind.
So, regardless of the use case, users can enhance their productivity and make the most of this feature when surfing the internet without being wary of privacy.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select the Safari app.
- Tap New Profile categorized under Profiles.
- Allocate Favorites per your preferences.
- Designate a name, icon, theme color, and other settings for startup page for the new tab → Select Done.
Now, you can access the created profile from the PROFILES section.
Additionally, click Extensions to choose the extensions you would like to use with the profile you’re creating.
Switch profiles in Safari on iPhone and iPad
- Launch Safari on your iPhone.
- Select the Tabs icon → Hit the hamburger menu to proceed.
- Tap the Profile icon → Choose the profile you wish to use.
- Go to the Settings app → Scroll down and choose Safari.
- Select the profile you wish to delete.
- Tap the Delete Profile option → Hit Delete once again to confirm.
- Launch Safari on your Mac.
- Click Safari from the menu bar → Select Settings.
- Choose the Profiles option → Click New Profile.
- Choose a name, symbol, and color for your profile.
- Further, you can either “Create new bookmarks folder” or “Use existing folders.”
- Once your profile is set as per your preference, click Create Profile.
There are a few additional settings you can adjust to complete setting up your profile.
- You can decide where you want your New windows or New taps to open.
- You may click Extensions to choose the extensions you would like to use with the profile you’re creating.
Your Safari Profile is now set up.
Switch profiles in Safari on Mac
- As you launch Safari on Mac, you’ll be prompted with the normal interface.
- To switch user profiles, right-click Safari from the dock.
- Select the profile of your preference.
- The chosen profile will be launched on Safari.
- Moreover, if you operate with multiple profiles, you can use the color codes to distinguish each profile.
- Go to Safari Settings → Access the Profile menu.
- Select the user profile you seek to remove.
- Click the (-) icon → Press Delete Profile when prompted.
Yes, Safari on iPad provides the ability to create multiple profiles or customize profile names and settings individually.
No, profiles in Safari operate independently, and bookmarks and settings are not synced across different profiles. Each profile functions as a separate browsing environment.
Yes, you can choose the extensions you wish to save for your profile. However, this will only work for the existing extensions in your Safari.
Yes, if you are using the same Apple ID across multiple devices, then every user profile will be synced thoroughly.
Whether you want to separate your work and personal browsing, share your device with family members, or maintain different sets of bookmarks for different interests, Safari profiles have got you covered. So go ahead, explore the possibilities, and make the most out of your browsing experience.